It’s that time of year when coughs and colds abound as the weather starts to get colder. Plus there is the knowledge of the impending excesses of Christmas looming. So for the last two weeks, I’ve been doing a detox with Essential Teatox. For this, I received a free 14 day supply of Essential Teatox teabags to review.
The Essential Teatox 14 day programme consists of 14 detox teabags to take daily soon after you wake up, plus 7 cleanse teabags to take on alternate days, a few hours before bedtime.
I started my Teatox programme to coincide with my night shifts, as this is when I most need a pick me up to give me extra energy.
Essential Teatox is branded as supporting weight loss, helping to detox the body and increase energy. It also recommends that it is at it’s most effective when combined with regular exercise, eating the correct food and looking after your body.
By starting it to coincide with night shifts, certainly meant I didn’t give it the best chance of hitting it’s most effective potential as exercise and healthy eating both went out the window. It was mainly toast and ready meals, and I only managed to fit in a couple of 10-minute runs between my pm cleanse tea and bed. I was much more disciplined on the second week with both food and exercise.
However even those short bedtime runs show how it had increased my energy. Normally I’m barely back in the house after a nightshift before I’m straight into bed. And I lost the extra kg of weight that I had put on during half term without any effort, back to my usual weight with no feeling of bloatedness. I found I was sleeping better and less headaches too. So thumbs up for Teatox on night shifts.
I let the tea brew for 2 minutes and found the flavour of both am and pm tea to be very pleasant. Slightly sweeter than I expected which I assume was down to the Stevia Leaf, a zero calorie sweetener. I’ve never sweetened my tea, but I’m sure that is a big plus for those of you who do. And I loved the hint of mint.
Here is a list of the Teatox ingredients and their benefits. They are all 100% natural ingredients.
– Lemon peel – Helps to decrease cholesterol, improve bone health and detoxify the liver!
– Fenugreek – Helps to reduce inflammation within the body.
– Ginger – Helps to soothe the digestive tract and helps to relieve conditions that cause bloating.
– Gymnema – Is known to lessen the cravings for sweet foods and help to regulate an excessive appetite. It also helps to reduce sugar absorption during digestion to promote normal blood sugar levels.
– Juniper Berry – Aids in digestion and relieves symptoms of bloating and water retention. Juniper is also a diuretic, which helps to flush out toxins.
– Oolong Tea – Can help to reduce inflammatory disorders, high cholesterol and stress. It has been known to help maintain healthy skin and bones as well as aiding in weight management.
– Peppermint – Has a refreshing flavour and helps to relax the intestinal muscles.
– Red Raspberry – Includes vitamins and minerals to burn fat.
– Sarsaparilla – Contains antioxidant properties and plant sterols beneficial to good health. Flavonoids are also present and help to treat autoimmune conditions and inflammation.
– Liquorice – Is known for reducing stress. It also helps to fight against tooth decay, as it has antibacterial properties.
– Stevia Leaf – Is a 100% natural, zero calorie sweetener which also helps to lower blood pressure.
– Dandelion Leaf – Contains potassium and is also a diuretic which helps to support kidney health.
– Burdock Root – Is good for protecting the liver and detoxifying blood.
– Triphala Powder – Assists natural internal cleansing. It helps to nourish and rejuvenate the tissues and supports healthy digestion and absorption.
– Red Clover – Is a natural blood purifier.
A 14 day supply of Essential Teatox currently retails at £19.99 which is less than £1 per cup for the 21 teabags.
And I’m hosting a rafflecopter competition to giveaway a 14 day supply of Essential Teatox to one lucky winner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway – Please click on the link to enter.
And you may see my other giveaways here.
I’d love to hear your favourite tea.
Disclosure. This post is a review of a product I was sent for free. All opinions are my own.